Costa Rica: Volcanoes And Wildlife
8 Nights – Costa Rica: Volcanoes and Wildlife
From lush cloud forests to towering volcanoes, Costa Rica is home to an extraordinary wealth of biodiversity—with 12 distinct life zones squeezed into its narrow isthmus. Discover the country’s wild wonders on a journey from the palm-fringed Pacific coast to the misty highlands. Hike through the jungles of the Osa Peninsula in search of monkeys, tapirs, and colorful birds, and swim at beautiful waterfalls and beaches. Explore the rain forests of Arenal National Park, soaring from tree to tree on zip lines strung through the canopy. Then venture into the Villa Blanca cloud forest to experience one of the planet’s most unique ecosystems. Along the way, stay at eco-friendly retreats situated within stunning nature reserves—including Lapa Rios Eco Lodge, a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World celebrated for its wildlife conservation efforts.
National Geographic Expeditions offers a broad array of travel experiences to more than 80 destinations across all seven continents, each led by a National Geographic expert, a dynamic trip guide, or an expedition team. National Geographic taps into their vast network of resources around the world when designing trips to create authentic and transformative travel experiences. The official travel program of the National Geographic Society, National Geographic Expeditions aims to fulfill the organization’s mission to inspire people to care about the planet by providing meaningful opportunities to explore it.
Itinerary: San José • Lapa Rios • Arenal National Park • Arenal/Villa Blanca Cloud Forest • Villa Blanca Cloud Forest • Villa Blanca Cloud Forest/ San José • San José
- Stay at Lapa Rios Eco Lodge, a National Geographic Unique Lodge of the World nestled within some of Costa Rica’s most pristine rain forests.
- Hike to secluded waterfalls in the jungles of the Osa Peninsula, searching for monkeys, sloths, and scarlet macaws.
- Go zip-lining in the rain forest canopy surrounding Arenal Volcano, and soak in hot spring pools.
- Explore the cloud forest on a variety of nature walks.
Virtuoso Exclusive Amenity:
- $100 per person National Geographic Gear Store credit
Offer Valid From January 1, 2017 through April 30, 2017
For more information, contact your Avenue Two Travel advisor